15 hours per week free funded places for 3 and 4 year olds in pre-school
All children are entitled to 15 hours of free education/childcare during term time from the term after their 3rd birthday.
15 hours per week free funded places for 2 year olds in pre-school
Some 2 year old children will be entitled to 15 hours of free education/childcare per week during term time from the term after their 2nd birthday if the family meet the following criteria:
If you receive one of these benefits:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Universal Credit
- Income related employment and support allowance
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit
- Working tax credit
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Free childcare/education is also available for children that:
- are looked after by a local authority
- have a current statement of special educational needs or an education, health and care plan
- have left care through a special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
- are in receipt of disability living allowance.
- Parents can apply online via the following link (please click here) or contact your local children's centre for help with the application. You will be given a reference number to bring into the pre-school. Even if your circumstances change you will still be entitled to continue with 3 year old funding in Hertfordshire. If you move outside Hertfordshire you will need to re-apply in the new area.
- A limited number of,free 30 hours a week places in Pre-school for 3/4 year olds with working parents who meet the criteria are available on a first come first served basis. Children must do the full 30 hours in St. Joseph's Pre-school to obtain a 30 hour funded place.
- Monday-Friday 9am-3pm during pre-school term time.
Some working parents of 3&4 year olds will be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare a week in pre-school during term time, from the term after their child's third birthday. The application for the 30 hours is on the Govt website and links in to HMRC site for checks and eligible parents will be given a reference number to use in pre-school before the start of each term. Parents have to re-confirm eligibility online every 3 months to continue on the scheme. We will be allocating the limited places on a first come with reference number basis to the children doing the full 30 hours in St Joseph's Pre-school until the 10 limited places are full. There are cut off dates for each term and even if eligible you will not be able to get funding after these dates until the start of the following term.
For information please click here and see under 30 hours